Dr Yan Wen-Thornton
Having been educated and lived in both China and UK, Dr Yan has an extensive knowledge and understanding of the culture and history in both the East and the West.
She joined University of Exeter in 2009 and she has been involved in teaching, examination and marking for Chinese language, Classical Chinese , Chinese business and Heritage & Culture modules at different levels.
Furthermore, Dr Yan has been regularly involved in delivering preparatory intensive courses in Chinese & English culture for international students who take GCSE, A level courses &summer courses in China & Britain and also TESOL programmes.
- Current roles:
Lecturer ( Education & Scholarship )
Co-ordinator for Asian languages ( Chinese, Japanese and Korean)
- Gender and Entrepreurship
- Education and Psychology
External impact and engagement
- External examiner, Keele University ( 2015-2019)
- External examiner, York St John University ( 2015-2019)
- External examiner, Oxford Brookes University ( 2016-2020)
- FLM1130 - Mandarin Chinese Beginners
- FLM3015 - Classical Chinese
- FLM3415 - Mandarin Chinese Advanced One
- FLM3430 - Mandarin Chinese Advanced One
- FLM3515 - Mandarin Chinese Advanced Two
- FLM3530 - Mandarin Chinese Advanced Two
- FLM3615 - Mandarin Chinese for Business
- FLM3630 - Mandarin Chinese for Business
- FLM3915 - Mandarin Chinese for Cantonese and Heritage Speakers