Modern Languages and Cultures: new postgraduate students
Welcome from the Director of PGT, Associate Professor Sam North
You are about to embark on a period of intense study at one of the country’s leading research institutions and we want you to be able to get the most from the experience from the outset. One year (or two years part-time) goes past quickly, and the more you know about what’s available to you, and how to access and use the services provided, the quicker you will be able to concentrate on the important part: the pleasure to be taken in your module choices within your individual Departments. To this end we have arranged a faculty-wide online induction course, which contains information relevant to all the Departmeents in the Faculty of Humanities, Arts, and Social Sciences. This course will contain important information whatever your subject, and it allows the different Departments to concentrate on the details of your individual MAs in their own induction meetings during Welcome Week. We look forward to seeing you there, at the start of what we recognise is a year of specific importance for you all – the cohort of 2023-2024.
We hope you are looking forward to commencing your studies on a taught Masters with us in September. To help you settle into the university and prepare you for your studies we have arranged welcome and academic induction activities for you.
Welcome induction events for Modern Languages and Cultures
|LCVS research showcase
|LCVS PGT and PGR Mixer
|MA Global Literatures and Cultures Welcome
|MA Translation Studies Welcome
|MA Intercultural Communication Welcome
Full details of further induction activities for this programme will be updated shortly. Please ensure you check back here frequently for updates.
Information about things you'll need to do before arriving at Exeter can be found on our New Students website.
Share your experiences, support prospective students and earn while you learn. Find out more below:
Share your experiences, support prospective students and earn while you learn
Can you commit to one hour a week chatting to prospective students on your smartphone? Do you enjoy talking/writing? If yes, apply to become a Unibuddy Ambassador for the University of Exeter.
- Share your experiences of University life
- Build professional skills
- Improve your CV and increase employability prospects
- Support students just like you
- Earn while you learn
Unibuddy is a social platform that connects current students with prospective applicants from around the world. Through informal chats, blogs and videos, Unibuddy ambassadors offer support, guidance and information to help applicants make the right decisions about higher education.
As a Unibuddy ambassador you will:
- Answer questions from students about study, life and your experience at university (one hour per week at the standard ESA (Exeter Student Ambassador) hourly rate).
- Help students find the right information and contact details for particular departments/people at the University of Exeter.
- Check your account on a daily basis and answer questions in a timely manner.
- Keep conversations going and build up a friendly relationship with students by asking questions and being engaging.
- Provide a real insight into the University of Exeter experiences through chats, blogs and videos (a minimum of two pieces of content per month).
To be a successful Unibuddy you will:
- Be a confident communicator who enjoys producing engaging content.
- Have a positive outlook on university life and study.
- Be flexible and willing to respond to questions quickly and efficiently.
- Adopt a mature and professional approach to conversations.
How to apply:
To apply for this role, please express your interest to PGunibuddy@exeter.ac.uk. We look forward to hearing from you!